Sunday, July 3, 2011

Long weekend in Seattle

We had a whirlwind trip to Seattle a couple weeks ago... started out with a graduation party for my nephew, Zak who graduated from my alma mater, Curtis High School on Friday... The weather couldn't have been more perfect to have an afternoon BBQ!! Stefan made some delicious ribs, we had my mom's famous potato salad, ham dip, a fruit pizza, fruit salad, corn and cake. My brother and his wife put together a picture collage of different pictures of Zak-- I remember when he was born and can't believe how quickly time flies!!





The graduation was, to be honest, just like any other CHS graduation. Mr. Cowan, my biology teacher back in the day retired after 30-something years teaching. Other than that, it was pretty much the same. :) After graduation, Stefan and I met up with some friends at none other than the Ale House. 


Saturday we celebrated our friend Breanne and her husband Danny's wedding at the Tacoma Country and Golf Club in Lakewood. The wedding was absolutely beautiful!! Perfect amount of people, beautiful setting and decor, great food, and such a fun reception! (Stefan even did the dougie). It was great to see some old friends and pick up like there was no time in between the last time we saw each other. We had so much fun creating some fun little words with the scrabble pieces at the tables :) Even though we were exhausted after the wedding, we met up with some friends at E9 for a little karaoke. No, not me.... we watched/listened, and when they kicked someone out, we figured it was our time to leave, too. Gotta love Tacoma.





On Sunday, I had brunch with my good friend Jordan in Seattle before heading to a trunk show in Wallingford with an old friend from intermediate school/junior high/high school! It was great seeing AJ, her sister, mom and meeting some of her friends! 


We ended the trip with a wonderful dinner at Shenanigans. I simply cannot get enough seafood when I'm back home. Definitely one of the things I miss most about the PNW! Until next time!!

No comments: