Sunday, July 3, 2011

Wannabe Blogger

A couple weeks ago, my friend Dawn and I went to an Arizona Crafters Night Out at Sweet Cakes Cafe in Mesa. It's a fun event for a bunch of crafty bloggers/business owners in Arizona. Before you start laughing that I was at a CRAFTING event because I'm not very crafty, I want you to know that I sponsored the event for my Stella & Dot business. BUT.... because I was a sponsor, I was lucky enough to be able to buy a ticket in advance! (They sell out like hotcakes!) But, since I didn't want to go and just sit there as the only non-crafter, and non-business blogger, and have people wonder what business I was doing there, I got my friend Dawn a ticket too. You see, we're both blog stalkers. 




We got to the event and felt like we were among celebrities. Blogging celebrities. We follow all of these blogs, and then when you meet the people who are behind the keyboard, you kinda feel a little weird introducing yourself. It's almost like you have a post-it note on your forehead saying "I'm the one that got your site views up to 56,000 last month." Two good things here: 1) I didn't introduce myself and say that, and 2) they didn't know how much of a blog stalker I really am. 




See, I can be crafty.

We made these cute cupcake toppers, thanks to Kim at the TomKat Studio. Yes, she was there. Second time I've been in her presence. She's famous to me, okay? 




We had so much fun, and towards the end of the event, Dawn and I had a blogging epiphany. More to come on that at a later date.... :)


And since I don't have a "real" camera yet... these photos were all stolen from Dawn & Jessica from Sierra Studios Photography.  

No comments: