Thursday, November 25, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 24..... Happy Thanksgiving!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


Today, I am thankful for my marriage.


Today not only marks the day that we should all give thanks, it also marks the 5-year anniversary of when Stefan proposed to me, which of course, I am very thankful for.


The day was a typical Thanksgiving for us... we spent the afternoon at my parents house, enjoying a wonderful thanksgiving meal, and then went over to Stefan's parents house a few hours later for our second meal of the day. (I love Thanksgiving, by the way). Since our parents are neighbors, it made it very convenient (and not out-of-the-ordinary) for Stefan's parents to invite my family over for dessert after we were done having dinner with his parents.


My parents, brother and soon-to-be sister-in-law all came over to Stefan's parents house, along with his brother and family and some other family friends. We were all enjoying our dessert in the living room (I had a slice of French apple pie and a slice of sweet potato pie), when Stefan said he had a few things to say. I was sitting next to my dad on the couch, thoroughly enjoying my pie. Stefan is known for giving speeches so I just figured he was going to thank everyone for coming over, blah blah blah... He started out by saying "Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful..." and I'll be honest, I sort of zoned out. It's not that I wasn't listening, I was just so into my dessert that when I looked up, (after my dad had been nudging me to listen) I saw tears in my mom's eyes and heard Stefan finish with "I'm thankful for you" and saw him on one knee with a gorgeous ring in his hand. After 6 years of being together, I had absolutely NO clue what was happening. After finishing my pie, and in the most fitting fashion, my mom immediately ran out to her car and brought me a gift... a wedding planning book.







It was the most perfect proposal, on the most perfect day, in the company of the most perfect people. I had always imagined the day he would propose, and I am so thankful he caught me off guard and made it so special, being in the company of the people I love the most. 


Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!! 
Enjoy the day with the ones you love the most.

2 comments:

MLH said...

Awww...that actually brought a few tears. How sweet! Hope you have a great day!

Dawn. said...

me too ML! tears!! so adorable! nice job stefan!