Tuesday, November 2, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 1

As the holiday season approaches, I thought I would follow one of my friends who is doing this on facebook.... hopefully I can just remember to do this every day for the next 30 days :)

Today, I am thankful today for my husband.

The past week I have been sick with the flu and still have an annoying cough that keeps me (and him) up at night. He came home from work whenever he could tell I needed something last week and when I came downstairs in the middle of the night because I didn't want to keep him awake coughing, he came downstairs and told me to come back upstairs because he knew I would be more comfortable in our bed. He made me all the soup and grilled cheese sandwiches I could ask for.... even after I told him "just one ice cube in the soup this time, 2 makes it too cold."

I couldn't be more thankful to have a best friend that is so genuine and loves me for who I am. I'll be the first to admit that I'm pretty stubborn, independent and like to be in control. He's made me realize that life isn't about one person leading everything all the time, and in a marriage, it's about a team effort. We've been a great team for the past 12 years that we've been together. Sure, we've had our ups and downs, but I couldn't be more thankful for a lifetime partner who I know I can always count on no matter what. He's the love of my life and I'm so thankful he's stuck around this long to put up with me. :)

No comments: