Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Revisiting my 30 before 30 list...


First of all, what happened to my 20's?! I can't believe in less than 2 months, I'll be officially part of the 30's club. Remember this post? Well, I haven't made it very far.... I'm going to blame moving to different states twice in less than 6 months... and starting two new jobs... and my current job where I work 60+ hours a week. Too bad I didn't have "move to San Francisco" on here. And to be honest, some of these things are probably never going to happen. I've crossed them out because it was ridiculous to put them on here in the first place.

Here we go...

1. Sew myself an item of clothing - need to dust off my sewing machine first
2. Start a new blog - No point to this. I can barely keep up with this one!
3. Swim with dolphins - Not by 30. Have this on the agenda for our Hawaii trip in January!
4. Buy a pair of Louboutins - I own a pair, but I did not buy them. But that still counts in my book. Yay! One check mark for the list!
5. Go on a cruise - Doesn't interest me. Not sure why I put it on my list in the first place.
6. Plan a fundraising event - I still want to do this, I just need to find the right cause and the right idea/plan.
7. Go zip-lining - Maybe in Hawaii....
8. Go sailing - Add this to my 40 before 40....
9. Join a women's networking group - In my spare time I'll do this... 40 before 40.
10. Spend an entire day doing absolutely nothing but watching movies - This should've said "Sleep all day" because we know movies put me to sleep.
11. Face my fear of ladybugs - Not happening.
12. Visit the Grand Canyon - How did we live in Arizona for over 4 years and never see the Grand Canyon?! I'm not going back during the summer to visit so this one sure isn't happening by 30.
13. Go on a hot air balloon ride - Again, what was I thinking? This does not interest me.
14. Be my own boss - Someday.... just not in the next 2 months.
15. Sleep outside under the stars - Too cold here. This isn't happening anytime soon.
16. Meditate regularly - I really need to be more in the moment and do this in the morning.... after my workout and before work. Add it to my "to do" list :)
17. Eliminate red meat in my diet - I've reduced it, but not completely eliminated it.
18. Own a digital SLR camera and learn how to use it - I own one.... but haven't completely learned how to use it yet. Dawn, can you come out here for a weekend photography workshop please?!
19. Go wine tasting at a vineyard - DING DING DING!!!!!!!!! Three times, in fact!
20. Become a Director with Stella & Dot - Won't/can't happen in my new role with Stella & Dot
21. Get into a regular fitness routine (yoga, ballet aerobics, etc.) - I'm training for a half-marathon.... this counts! Yipee! Check #3!
22. Learn how to get my hair to look like this - It's getting close. Let's be honest, my hair will never look like this.
23. Make more crafty things for our house... like this - I made a welcome sign - this counts!
24. Make wine - I wanted to go last weekend, but it wasn't Napa and Stefan is becoming a little bit of a wine snob. Don't tell him I said that.
25. Complete another 30 day Bikram Yoga challenge - After the half-marathon.
26. Host a fancy dinner party - In my spare time I'll get to this one.
27. Make a decision about having children (note how that one is worded) - Notice the trend here? Everything is in purple. This included.
28. Buy a new house with a bigger yard - This will happen eventually.
29. Try a float spa - I think the only reason I put this on here was because at the time I wrote the blog post, I purchased a groupon for a float spa so I knew this would be an easy one to check off my list. Unfortunately it was in Arizona and we moved so I never got to use it. That's what I get for trying to cheat my own list.
30. Learn how to cook like my husband a few decent meals - I just told Stefan what I was doing and asked if he thought I could check this one off and this was his response: "No, you haven't learned anything." Hey, at least he's honest. No need to fight him on it either--- he's right-- I have no business in the kitchen!

Well, that was fun. 

Maybe I'll get a lot of these accomplished in the next couple months.

This was such a great idea.

Here's to my 40 before 40.

1 comment:

Frogger said...

I think you should update this!! Are you still deciding if you should have kids?