Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas 2010

This was our first year celebrating Christmas in Arizona! Last year we were in New York and every other year we've gone back to Washington. It was a little weird having a 75-degree Christmas, but I'm not complaining!


My parents flew in on Wednesday night and left early this morning. We had so much fun this last week and time always flies when they visit. We spent a lot of time relaxing, did a little shopping, played LOTS of Apples to Apples, danced and boxed on the Kinect (ask me for videos if you want a good laugh), and watched some home videos that my parents organized and converted to DVD's as a Christmas gift (I'm not sure if Stefan was more embarassed of me or bored, either way, we had lots of laughs watching some of those!). We had a really good dinner at the Keg, played with the pups a lot, went to see Little Fockers (hilarious!) and Stefan cooked a fabulous ham dinner on Christmas Eve and a turkey dinner on Christmas! We ate like crazy, met up with some friends for dinner one night and then went back to their house for wine and dessert! Yesterday, we went for a hike at Wind Cave at Usery Mountains and it was absolutely GORGEOUS! I think a lot of people dismiss the Arizona scenery as being beautiful, but it really is stunning. After the hike, we went shopping and I got my first sewing machine!! I've been wanting one, but haven't really taken the plunge because I have such little patience when it comes to figuring things out on my own so I was VERY thankful to have the expert (my mom) here to show me what to do! We even made a custom dog bed for the pups yesterday so they have a plush bed in the car!! Spoiled? Of course. (The dogs, I mean. But I guess I'm a little spoiled too).


As always, it was a great visit with my parents and went by way too fast. My parents left for Utah today to see my brother and his family, and we went back to work. I love having time off, but reality has to come back eventually.... Hopefully I'll steal some more pictures when my parents post theirs, but for now, a couple from the hike and the dog bed I made!




1 comment:

Dawn. said...

OMG!! You're an expert!! That bed is AWESOME!!!!! I'm bringing my sewing machine over NOW!