Monday, November 29, 2010

It never fails...

I've been eyeing this fabulous desk in the Pottery Barn catalog for a few months now: 




Well, I finally got it. I've always loved white furniture and I read somewhere that a white desk is supposed to spark creativity. Really, I just love white furniture and I think it will look so good in our office.


We brought it home, I started taking it out of the boxes and putting the top piece together, and what do you know.... one of the pieces was defective. I swear this ALWAYS happens to us. Before we left the store, I even asked the guy, "are you SURE this is the WHITE BEDFORD CORNER DESK?" When I took everything out of the box and everything was the right color, I felt a sigh of relief. That's when I realized we had two pieces for the right side of the top piece instead of one left and one right. 


Instead of throwing a fit (like someone else in our house did), I calmly called the store and told them of the issue. In the nicest possible tone when they asked me to bring the piece back to the store, I told them that wasn't going to happen, and I would prefer if they could ship me the correct piece since taking it apart and putting it back in the styrofoam, plastic and cardboard box and then driving 40 minutes to Scottsdale was not how I wanted to spend the rest of my day.


The part will be here in 3 days. 


So now our office looks like a furniture explosion, but in a few days I will have my desk.... as long as they send the right piece. My luck, I'll probably get an extra drawer or something, or it'll be brown instead of white. 


I'll post a picture when the office looks back to normal. 

No comments: