Thursday, November 18, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 17

Today, I am thankful for my friends.


"Friends are relatives you make for yourself" ~Eustache Deschamps


There's nothing quite like being in the company of good friends. Whether they're family friends, friends from childhood, new friends, or friends you consider family... true friends can form a wonderful support system.
 
Mutual trust is probably one of the most important components of any friendship... if the relationship is built on trust, it's designed to last. When that trust doesn't exist, there's no possibility for a friendship to form, let alone last for an extended amount of time.
 
I love my friends that make me laugh, laugh at my jokes, appreciate me for who I am, and allow me to appreciate them for who they are. I love that each friendship is unique and brings something different to my life. I wouldn't trade anything in the world for the friendships I've formed over the years and the people who have made such lasting impressions in my life.
 
Friends, you know who you are... thank you for being who you are and for being a special part of my life.
































2 comments:

MLH said...

Awww....I made it to Julie's blog. I feel special. And yes, I'm thankful for friends like you as well.

The Evolving Mama said...

You are so sweet. I love this blog. I love you too! We are lucky to have you as a friend as well. Love you!