Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!!

I've never really been a huge fan of Halloween.... not that I'm against it or anything, it's just never really been a holiday that excites me. Maybe it has something to do with one little Halloween in 1987.

I was in Kindergarten at Beartooth Elementary in Billings, Montana. We were a couple months into the school year obviously, and Halloween fell on a week day. When I was little, I wanted to be a clown and a cheerleader when I grew up. So for this Halloween, I was a clown. My mom got me ready for school that day, and I had the wig, the makeup, one of my dad's old button down shirts, suspenders.... and for some reason, I wasn't just any clown, I was a FAT clown (hence the need to wear my dad's shirt). I had a pillow stuffed under my shirt so I would look fat. I'm sure my parents thought I looked so cute going to school that day. I got to school and wouldn't you know.... I was the ONLY kid dressed up in a costume. Apparently my parents were the only ones that didn't get the memo that we weren't supposed to dress up at school. Awesome.

I wish I had a picture of that costume.

Needless to say, although very traumatic for a shy kid like myself, I got over it and still had fun on Halloween dressing up through the years, and I still love answering the door and seeing all the cute kids in their costumes. Maybe I'm exhausted from moving and ran out of time, but we decided to skip the costumes this Halloween. And after seeing my friend Brittany's costume this year, I don't feel like anything could top hers anyway. I'm just so impressed....

Here's what she looks like on a regular day:


And here she is, as Lil Wayne:


Now THIS is awesome.

Happy Halloween, everyone!!!!

No comments: