Friday, February 25, 2011

Oh, Flower.

My first confession (and some of you already know this) is that we have a cleaning lady. Yes, I work from home, have Fridays off, but hear me out.... Before she cleaned our house, I'd like to think our house was pretty dang clean all the time. Stefan and I are both neat freaks and like a clean house and I was a little confused as to why he was trying to convince me to hire her. We got her name from one of Stefan's co-workers and we figured we'd give it a shot--- once a month to do a deep clean and all the things I hate doing (toilets, dusting the blinds, cleaning the baseboards, etc.). We can easily take care of the rest. The night we came home from work after she had cleaned our house for the first time, I think our jaws dropped to the floor. Our house looked brand new. The carpets looked brand new, and we were afraid to mess up the lines on our suede couch. She is amazing! All this time, we thought we did a great job cleaning, and then she comes along and shows us up.

Now, her name is Flower. Well, Stefan's co-worker calls her Flora, but we write the check to Florencia. I like Flower and that's how she introduced herself so that's what we're going with.

The one thing about "Flower" that normally would drive me crazy, is how she puts things back in our house. I don't know how she manages to move our giant couch to vacuum under it-- there's no way I could do this on my own, I have no clue how she does it. Sometimes I wonder what she's thinking when she puts things back the way she does. I captured a few things for you to see what I'm talking about....

Looks normal, Right? Notice the drawers and where they pull out. How the heck am I supposed to get anything out of the drawers if they're pushed up against a jewelry cabinet?!

It's cool, we'll turn our heads to the right whenever we wanna see this picture.

Good thing Stefan never sees this blog.
He likes his shoes a certain way.... and it's obviously not the way she put them back this time.

I don't think the holes for the toothbrushes were meant to hold the toothpaste.

Towel art.

Hotel Thorn.

While she does a great job cleaning every single bottle, she doesn't always put them back in the "right place" or the exact angle where she found them.

To clarify, this post is in no way, shape, or form an intention to complain about our beloved Flower. I would much rather come home to things put back in weird places than to not have her clean our house because she really does an amazing job.

It just makes me laugh.... and really curious about what her house looks like :)

4 comments:

Frogger said...

Can she speak English? My last one spoke no English; the only thing I could understand was "Mas dinero." And the only thing she could understood from me was "no."

Julie said...

She speaks broken english. She always leaves us a note that says "thank you very much for all your help"..... I hate to break it to her, but I didn't help with anything, she did all the work. But the notes are cute :)

Shannon said...

"It's cool, we'll turn our heads to the right whenever we wanna see this picture."

Oh Julie, this had me almost in tears after I spit out soda all over my keyboard laughing so hard.. I've had some "interesting" cleaning ladies before so I can totally relate. Thanks for sharing...lol :)

Jamie said...

OMG!! Those pictures were hilarious! I personally liked the sideways picture frame, that cracked me up!!