Friday, October 15, 2010

60 years yesterday...

Yesterday would have been my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary... 


(Picture of their actual wedding napkins from October 14, 1950)


Both of my grandparents passed away in 2006, just a few months after they made it to our wedding in Washington. Some of my favorite memories growing involve my grandparents, especially all of the summers spent at their house on Flathead Lake in Montana. 


Just a few of my favorite memories....


~ Grandpa painting my fingernails

~ Grandpa reading the Sesame Street books to me (while golf was on TV in the background)

~ Picking strawberries in their garden 

~ Birthday parties for my dolls

~ Making dreamcatchers and learning about their meaning

~ Learning how to make Native American beaded art


~ Indian tacos

~ Making pictures out of wood pieces

~ Painting rocks

~ Dream boats

~ Grandpa always called me Lulie, until I told him I wanted my name to be Lisa, and then he started calling me Lisa until I switched it back to Julie

~ Boat rides until midnight, getting stuck in a swamp and trying to find the way back to the house by the location of the moon

~ Hot tubbing in the snow

~ Collecting rocks from the lake

~ Playing cards and getting frustrated when Grandma always won

~ Grandpa coming to my high school to talk about Native American history

~ And my favorite memory.... picking cherries in Montana. Grandma would always tell me to sneak a few extra bags of frozen cherries to take home and I never argued with her. Those are the best cherries in the world, and picking them made some of the best memories.  


Ever wonder why I have a tattoo of cherries on my foot? Now you know. 


I know my grandparents celebrated yesterday with a "short one" and continue to celebrate every day with each other. We love and miss you both every day!! 


A few other of my favorite pictures:


Ferry into Seattle...

Hot-tubbing in the snow

Grandma's Birthday

Grandpa's Birthday (cake and booze!)

Birthday card to Grandpa, from Lisa

Grandma's Birthday

My Birthday


And the last pictures I have of them were on our wedding day...

Photo Credit: www.Houseof5Photography.com

Photo Credit: www.Houseof5Photography.com

No comments: