Monday, September 13, 2010

I have a new obsession....

...and no, it's not a pair of shoes, a handbag or anything of the sort!

It's a drink!

I've been crazy about watermelon lately. Stefan hates watermelon so we never buy them. I bought one a few weeks ago and ate the entire thing in two days. By myself.

Last weekend at Matt's wedding they had watermelon sprinkled with feta cheese... crazy combo but it was tasty!!!

And just a couple days ago I was looking through our Food Network magazine (yes, I said Food Network, don't laugh because you don't believe me) and found watermelon mojitos!!!

Our friends Keane, TJ and their cute little 7 month old, Ellis came over on Sunday and I made them.... they were SOOOOO GOOD!!!

Here's the recipe:
  • Muddle a few watermelon chunks with the juice of 1 lime and 2 teaspoons sugar in each glass.
  • Stir in a few mint leaves, then add 2 ounces white rum and ice.
  • Top with ginger ale; garnish with more mint.
Since I'm not a big fan of rum (and since it would be frowned upon if I drank it during the day while I'm working), I've simplified it... Diet Ginger Ale with watermelon! It's so refreshing..... you have to try it!!!

1 comment:

Dawn. said...

Oh my goodness - sounds delicious! And...I am so NOT surprised that you get the food network mag.