Tuesday, April 13, 2010

We'll miss you Uncle Willie.....

Life of the Party. Stylish. Jokester.
Happy. Entertaining. Fashionable. Fun-Loving. Crazy.
Father. Brother. Uncle. Husband. Cousin. Friend.
Uncle Willie.


We got the worst news yesterday, Uncle Willie passed away unexpectedly.

The first time I met Uncle Willie was at the Thorne Family Reunion in 2002. I had always heard he was crazy, but when I saw him for the first time wearing his African suit and hat, making his grand entrance, I instantly knew I loved him! When he saw Stefan and I, he came with gifts.... I got an African skirt and top and Stefan got a hat and tie (to match Uncle Willie's outfit of course).

Stefan even wore the hat and tie to one of my sorority dances in college!

Uncle Willie always dressed to impress. His outfits were part of his personality and he ALWAYS knew how to make people laugh, without any effort. His family meant everything to him. We received a card and a picture in the mail from him a few years ago.... it's an 8 x 10 picture and he told us he never wanted us to forget him. We LOVE this picture because it's a true reflection of who he was and who he will always be.


Stefan and I were so fortunate to see him and the rest of the family on Christmas last year in New Jersey. It was truly a memory we will never forget.
We'll miss you Uncle Willie.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Sorry to hear about your loss Julie. Looks like he was quite a guy. Thanks for sharing about him!

Unknown said...

RIP Uncle Willie... LUV YA