Monday, March 29, 2010

Ready to join the circus!


About a month ago I came across flying trapeze lessons and thought it would be fun to try.... I bought the lessons and just told Stefan I had something planned for an upcoming Saturday. I knew if I asked him if he wanted to go he would say NO.

We pulled up to the place, I see all the trapeze equipment, I'm grinning like crazy, just anxiously awaiting his reaction....

The conversation went something like this:
Stefan: "What the hell is this?"
Me: "FLYING TRAPEZE LESSONS!!!"
Stefan: "You come up with some crazy s*@# sometimes, Julie!"

As crazy as it was, it was SO much fun!!! The first couple times we got on the trapeze, it was a little weird and Stefan was frustrated because he wasn't instantly good at it. After the second time of not doing so well, Stefan was ready to leave and he even said "I don't want to do this anymore." I told him to try one more time and I'm sure he would get it.... and of course he did. After that, he was anxiously waiting his turn after each pass... The two hour class went by quickly, but we both got certificates giving us all the "rights and privileges of a flying trapeze artist." Whatever that means....

I'm ready to go again next weekend... but I will say I was VERY sore on Sunday morning! I never realized it was such a good ab workout! My arms and shoulders are pretty sore still too.... but it was totally worth it! The worst part was climbing the ladder to the platform, but once we were up there, it was a blast!

If anyone in the Gilbert area wants to check it out, www.trapezeu.com - SO much fun!!!

Here's a video of one of my first takes on the trapeze....

3 comments:

Dawn. said...

OMG!!!! I pass by that like every day and I always wondered who did it!!! I thought it was like a circus school. It looks AWESOME!!! Maybe once I get back to my normal...not pregnant figure...I'll go :) I can't wait to tell bryan you guys did it!

Rebecca said...

Julie that is so cool! You look like a natural!

Ceashells said...

How cool was that!?! You looked like you have always done it! Way to go girl~